Stephen and Lonnie's Blog

Silence is Golden and Duct Tape is Silver....

17 June 2006

New Job


I got an interview at Starwood Hotels and Resorts Worldwide, Inc. I passed all their tests and they hired me. I start on July 3rd. I am so excited! I had to call and cancel my Wells Fargo interview. The position at Starwood has more incentives and I can move up quickly.

On a different note, I got fired from the FAA today. I guess they don't like it when you file lawsuits against them and don't show up for work. They just made my case stronger. They aren't very bright. My lawyer is chomping at the bit to get them into court. Which should hopefully be soon. I will keep you updated on that fun.

4 Comments:

Blogger Pam said...

Congratulations! My sister-in-law has a job with the Weston and she can stay at any hotel around the world for only $49-$69. When we visited her in Arizona we stayed in the nicest room I've ever been in for $69. Will you have perks like that?

By the way, cute picture.... love the braids.

12:44 PM  
Blogger Wendy said...

Yeah! What will you be doing there exactly? Oh and I am excited to be on your links. Thanks for adding me.

5:57 PM  
Blogger Lonnie said...

Thank you guys. To answer Pam's question, yes I do have the perks like that. I have 25 stays a year for $29, $49, or $69 a night at any of the hotels owned by Starwood. Some of their hotels are over $600 a night and I only have to pay $69. Their stock options are great and so is their 401K plan.
To answer Wendy's question, I have it easy for now, I just answer phones and set reservations at their hotels all over the world. I am there to answer questions and give directions too. I am hoping to move up quickly. I would ultimatly like to become a hotel manager.

10:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your are Excellent. And so is your site! Keep up the good work. Bookmarked.
»

3:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home